Air Duct Cleaning
Air duct cleaning by certified experts
The air ducts in your home serve an important role in the functionality of your HVAC system. After time, air ducts can become clogged with dust and debris which causes the efficiency of your HVAC unit to decline, shortening your HVAC system’s life, increasing your monthly energy bills and impacting your indoor air quality.
The air duct cleaning experts at Country Air can inspect your HVAC system’s air ducts to see whether or not a cleaning is recommended. We can also detect and clean out other problems with your ductwork like the presence of microbes often caused by too much humidity.
Air Duct Cleaning Q&A
A buildup of mold, fungi, bacteria, and dust in your air ducts directly affects the indoor air quality of your home.
Poor air quality can result in a decline in the overall health, comfort, and well-being of the building occupant. People who are more sensitive to their environments that have allergies or certain diseases may be impacted further by poor air quality in the home.
Getting your air ducts cleaned when needed will help improve indoor air quality and your overall health and wellness. Clean air ducts can also result in more energy savings on your monthly bills depending on how clogged they were before cleaning.
A general rule of thumb is every 3 to 5 years, but this depends on several factors, like:
- Number of smokers in the household.
- Number of pets that live in the home shedding hair and dander.
- A recent renovation or remodeling projects.
- Location of your home.
- Prior to occupancy of a new home.
- Residents that have underlying health conditions that may benefit from a reduction in indoor air pollutants.
- How often the air filter is changed.
- How often the HVAC system is maintained.
- Water or other damage that may have affected your HVAC system.
Depending on how these factors may affect you and your home will determine how often your ducts need to be cleaned. Some homes can go longer than 5 years before needing a good duct cleaning.
- Your air returns are coated in dust and debris.
- You notice a change in the air flow coming out of your supply registers, the air may be coming out at a slower rate, or it may feel clammy.
- You can visibly see dust blowing out of your registers when the air is flowing out.
- You notice a fowl smell when your air is blowing. Sometimes insects and rodents make their way into the duct work but don’t make their way out.
- Black mildew is present on the registers. This can be a sign of a more serious problem like mold and/or mildew growth throughout the system. If so, it is recommended to do an antimicrobial fogging service first and then follow it up with a duct cleaning to prevent regrowth of mildew and microbes.
- You can visibly see an accumulation of dust and debris when you check inside your ducts with a flashlight.
- You can hear clatter other than your blower motor when you listen to the air flowing through your home.
Costs for duct cleaning vary depending on how many HVAC units your home has, whether you own a one or two story and how large your home is.
Country Air specializes in whole home air duct cleaning and provides free quotes. Give us a call today at 281-356-8564 and we’ll be happy to answer any more questions you have about duct cleaning and provide you with a free quote at no obligation to you.
Antimicrobial Air Duct Fogging
After an air duct inspection, your Certified HVAC Technician might recommend an antimicrobial air duct fogging if they discover a presence of microbes and mildew growing in the air ducts. A build up of microbes throughout your ductwork will result in poor air quality and possible health effects to your family over time.
Antimicrobial fogging is generally done along side an air duct cleaning service. The fogging kills microbes and sterilizes the air duct system and then the duct cleaning removes any remaining particles.
You might need antimicrobial fogging if:
- Mildew is visible on HVAC registers or ducts
- Your home or office smells damp/musty
- You or your family members are constantly sick or fighting allergies
Our Certified Air Duct Cleaning Technicians
are held to the highest of industry standards. In addition to the minimum requirements listed below to become a technician at Country Air, our techs complete multiple hours of continuing education annually through nationally recognized industry training programs and are thoroughly evaluated quarterly for their performances.
Minimum Technicians Requirements:
- 3-5 years minimum experience
- Pass a thorough background and drug test
- Registered with the state of Texas as a Registered Technician
- EPA Universal Certification
- Great attitude with our customer’s best interest in mind
You Can Rely On Country Air
- Air Conditioners
- Air Quality
- Attic Insulation
- Dryer Vents
- Energy Efficiency
- General HVAC
Spring Events To Attend In The Magnolia Area
Wildflowers are blooming and temperatures are warming up. Check out this list of events coming up in the Magnolia area to enjoy with your family this spring! And don’t forget to schedule your spring AC check with Country Air!
How To Fix A Heater That Is Blowing Cold Air
Usually Houstonians are ready for spring to arrive by the time February comes. We just don’t function very well in cold weather! However, it looks …
What Is The Difference Between A Gas And Electric Furnace?
Winters in Houston, Texas are usually mild although we do occasionally see Elsa lose control and freeze everything. That is why it’s important to have …
Antimicrobial AC Ducts Coating Benefits & Cost
The Houston area experiences a daily average of 75% humidity year round. Which means Houstonians often walk around with glowing skin and frizzy hair; but …
New Customer Special
15% OFF HVAC SERVICE REPAIR
Get started! 281-356-8564
Mention code ‘newcustomer15’ for 15% OFF an HVAC service repair*. One per household. Not valid with any other offers. Must mention ad to receive offer. *New customers only.