The current labor shortage has caused businesses in all industries to make personnel adjustments. For example, a lot of companies stagger work hours or offer better employment benefits and incentives. But some HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) companies have canceled 24/7 support and emergency AC repair.
You need dependable 24-hour AC repair in Texas. Here’s why it’s important.
AC Emergencies That Need 24-Hour AC Repair
Only you and your household can determine if you need emergency AC repair service in Tomball and Magnolia. But don’t let money worries cloud your judgment. Texas heat can be life-threatening, and it’s not worth risking your health.
If heating and cooling failures happened during business hours, there would be no need for 24-hour AC repair. But how do you know if you have an AC emergency?
When your home loses air conditioning and…
- If opening windows won’t provide much relief plus you have allergies that are worsened by air pollutants, it’s an emergency. Clean indoor air quality can be critical for many.
- If temperatures are dangerously high and you are unable to leave your home for a more comfortable, safer living space, it’s an emergency.
- If you have indoor pets that cannot be relocated, it’s an emergency.
- If you have newborns, elderly, loved ones with ongoing health issues, or family members in regular treatment for health problems, it’s an emergency.
- If your HVAC is natural gas-fueled, it’s an emergency.
You need a cooling and heating company you can trust for an immediate response to your AC emergency. It shouldn’t matter what time it is, day or night. What day it is, including Sundays and holidays, shouldn’t make a difference either.
What Can Go Wrong?
Murphy’s Law says anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. The adage is pessimistic enough, but some people add, “…and at the worst possible time.” If you don’t schedule twice-a-year HVAC tune-ups or delay a minor HVAC repair, it can lead to an emergency.
Last year, a woman in Spring planned to put her house on the market. One night she heard a dripping sound and discovered a small leak had overflowed the condensate drain pan. She called her local HVAC company for emergency repair. The floor and nearby wall had been extensively damaged, and she couldn’t list her house until the HVAC and structural repairs had been completed.
She thought all HVAC units came with an emergency overflow switch. (These components don’t automatically come with all HVAC systems, but they are inexpensive add-ons and well worth the investment.)
Speaking of buying and selling real estate… During a Magnolia home showing, the prospective buyers were about to make an offer to purchase. But one of them decided to inspect the attic. She found a nasty-looking situation around the HVAC system. That’s all it takes to scare off some homebuyers.
Years ago, the homeowner had found holes in the ductwork and used duct tape to repair them. The moldy, mildew-y mess made by eroding duct tape and air leak-moisture could have been avoided if a professional had sealed the gaps and holes.
Your home’s ventilation ducts may have holes that have been drilled by a trained HVAC technician. They are usually marked by plugs or caps and signal good maintenance, not a problem. (Note: Ironically, duct tape should never be used for AC duct repairs.)
Causes of AC Emergencies
Most air conditioning and HVAC problems are due to electrical or sensor problems, clogs, and leaks.
Some of the signs you have an AC emergency include:
- Noises – Unusual noises aren’t always an emergency, but don’t ignore:
- Short-cycling – If your AC has trouble at start-up, that’s a sign you need to schedule HVAC service. If it turns on and off frequently, it’s short-cycling and may need immediate attention before it quits completely.
- Smells – Odors from your air conditioning system or vents require AC repair. Any gas or burning smell from your HVAC is an emergency.
- Uneven cooling – If some rooms or areas are colder than others, it’s not an emergency but you should schedule a repair.
Call Country Air for Emergency AC Repair
Regular tune-ups can prevent an AC emergency. And nothing prolongs the life of your cooling system like regular AC maintenance. If you have an AC problem in Northwest Houston, seeking the professional HVAC repair you need now can stop emergencies from happening.